Dr. Ashbaker earned her B.S. in Elementary Education and Special Education and her M.S. in Special Education at Utah State University. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology at Brigham Young University.
As well as being a faculty member at Brigham Young University, Dr. Ashbaker has served on the faculty of Utah State University and in various positions at the Utah State Office of Education. She has performed research in a variety of areas, including curriculum, multicultural/Latino education training, paraprofessional training, and collaboration. Dr. Ashbaker has written many articles dealing with educational issues and several books, including co-authoring A Teacher’s Guide to Working with Paraeducators and Other Classroom Aids.
Dr. Ashbaker has been the recipient of several awards and grants, including the Nevada State Department of Education grant and the Super Vision: A Model for Training Teachers as Supervisors of Paraeducators Award from the U.S. Department of Education. She presents at conferences and seminars across the country, helping educators understand the valuable role paraprofessionals can play in ensuring that all students receive a quality education.
Through our products featuring Dr. Betty Ashbaker your system will:
- Build a partnership in the classroom by identifying roles and responsibilities.
- Establish a task analysis for both the teacher and paraprofessional.
- Clarify expectations and targets through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Promote professionalism with training in collaboration, instruction, and behavioral management.
- See how evaluation is a form of continuous learning for the paraprofessional.
To view Dr. Costa’s professional development videos, and to get PD resources prepared by dozens of the top experts in education, sign up for a free 30-day trial of Edivate, the most comprehensive professional development video library available.